Trustees of the Flint Public Library District are appointed by the Flint Board of Education (4 members) and the City of Flint (3 members). There is currently one seat being vacated on September 30, 2021. The Board of Education of Flint Community Schools is seeking a “letter of interest” from persons who would like to be considered for appointment to the Flint Public Library Board.
Here are recommendations from the contents of a letter of interest. A resume is not required.
- Name, personal residence address and contact information (phone, email)
Please state that your residence is within the City of Flint, which is the boundary of the library district.
- Interest and ability to serve.
State that you are interested in the open position as a Flint Public Library District Trustee for the term beginning October 1, 2021 and ending September 30, 2024. State that you are able to make monthly board meetings on the first Thursday of the month at 5:30 pm and are available for special board meetings, board retreats and committee work as required.
- Why are you seeking this position?
- What background, skills, talents, experience would you bring to this position?
- What other information should the Board of Education know when considering your application?
Please send your letter of interest before Friday, September 10, 2021 (email recommended) to: Monaca Elston email@example.com; or drop off at the Flint Community Schools Administration Building at 923 E. Kearsley Street.