What is Montessori?
Montessori education uses teaching and learning methods that differ from a traditional classroom approach. Montessori programs offer students the opportunity to learn:
- At their own pace and enjoy freedom within limits
- From each other in a multi-age classroom
- With hands-on materials, moving from concrete to abstract concepts
- With a teacher in a classroom environment that follows kids’ natural curiosity
Flint Community Schools has partnered with a community group, Montessori for Flint, to provide exceptional learning experiences. For more information on Montessori education, visit Montessori for Flint’s website at www.FlintMontessori.org.
Flint’s Montessori Elementary (K-4)
Flint Community Schools offers an application-based kindergarten through third grade Montessori program that is free and open to any student living in Genesee County.
Flint’s Montessori Elementary is housed within Durant Tuuri Mott Elementary as a “school within a school” and taught by teachers certified in Montessori elementary education.
Applications for Flint’s 2022-23 Montessori Elementary program will be coming soon.
To request more information, please visit www.flintmontessori.org/learn-more.html or call the Supervisor of Early Literacy and Numeracy at (810) 760-5260.
Flint Montessori Preschool
Flint Community Schools offers a Montessori pre-kindergarten program for four-year-olds through the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP). Eligibility for the GSRP pre-kindergarten program follows state guidelines.
- Pre-register at www.geneseepreschool.org or by calling (810) 591-KIDS.
- Select Flint Community Schools-Durant Tuuri Mott Elementary GSRP as your preferred option.
- Call our Early Childhood Coordinator at (810) 767-8018 once you have taken that step so we can guide you through the remaining process.