Flint Community Schools Expect More. Achieve More.

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Budget Salary MI School
Health Services » Immunization Requirements

Immunization Requirements

Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of School Entrants

(Kindergarten, 6th Grade & Entrants New to the School District in Grades 1-12)

To Enter School: State law* prohibits a principal or teacher from admitting new entrants to school without a record of having received at least one does of each: Measles, mumps, rubella, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, hepatitis B, and chickenpox (varicella).

To Stay in School: You must provide the school with a record showing that your child has received all of the following immunizations: 




4 doses DTP or DTaP, one dose must be on or after 4 years of age


4 doses D and T OR 3 doses Td if #1 given after 7 years of age.

1 dose of Tdap for children 11 through 18 years IF 5 years since the last dose of Tetanus/Diphtheria containing vaccine



  4 doses, if dose 3 administered  on or after 4 years of age, only 3 doses are required 3 doses are required.


 2 doses on or after 12 months of age

HEPATITIS B 3 doses are required

MENINGOCOCAL 0 dose 1 dose for children 11 years of age or older upon entry into 6th grade or higher




2 doses of varicella vaccine at or after 12 months of age OR current lab immunity OR reliable history of disease.

CHILDREN who have not received the required immunizations WILL BE EXCLUDED from school UNTIL parents provide proof that ALL REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS have been GIVEN, or have a waiver on file.

*Part 92, Act 368 of the Public Acts of 1978, as amended.

*Reliable history of chickenpox disease is acceptable in lieu of the vaccine.


AUTHORITY: P.A. 368, Part 92, 1978, as amended

Administration of Medication
Whenever possible, parents/guardians should administer medications for students at home. As a service to the family, the Superintendent shall establish procedures for the administration of medication by school personnel in circumstances where such administration is deemed necessary for the student's well being by the student's parent/guardian or authorized health care provider.